The bandwagon rolls back into Boulder following a challenging 42-6 defeat in their Pac-12 opener on the road. Now, Colorado, with a season record of 3-1 and currently unranked, grapples with significant injuries as they return to their home campus to face the undefeated No. 8 USC in Week 5 of college football action on Saturday.
What should we anticipate at the start of the game? Let's take a look at the SP+ prediction model, crafted by ESPN analyst Bill Connelly, to get insights into how it foresees the matchup. Additionally, we'll provide you with the most up-to-date betting details for the Week 5 game.
This week, the outlook appears challenging for the Buffaloes, with SP+ simulations currently favoring USC to triumph over Colorado with a projected score of 46 to 19. This equates to an estimated 26.2-point advantage for the Trojans, who hold a robust 94 percent probability of winning the game outright.
USC enters the game as strong 21.5-point favorites against Colorado, according to the lines at SI Sportsbook, which has set the total points for the matchup at 74.
If you're considering betting on the game based on this projection, it's advisable to bet on USC covering the 21.5-point spread, securing an outright victory with the moneyline at -2000 odds, and selecting the under for the total points.
Other analytical tools also indicate a strong performance by the Trojans. This includes the College Football Power Index, a computerized projection system that conducts 20,000 simulations of games using a wide range of data to predict winners and scoring differentials.
The index favors USC to win the game in 89.7 percent of its projections, which amounts to 17,940 of the 20,000 simulations resulting in a USC victory. In the remaining 10.3 percent of simulations, or 2,060 total projections, Colorado emerges as the winner.
A slight majority of bettors, approximately 52 percent of them, are anticipating that Colorado will either secure an upset victory or keep the margin within the 21.5-point spread even in a loss. The remaining 48 percent of wagers lean toward USC covering the spread.
In near unanimity, nearly 100 percent of bets indicate that the total points scored in the game will surpass the 74-point mark.
Place Your Bets on USC vs. Colorado:
You can place your bets on the USC vs. Colorado matchup through FanDuel, where you can claim $200 worth of bonus bets after wagering just $5 on any game, including USC vs. Colorado.
Additionally, you can claim $200 in Bonus Bets instantly when you bet $5 with DraftKings as the Trojans and Buffaloes face off in this Pac-12 clash.
Another option is to get $200 in Bonus Bets with Bet365 when you bet just $1 on any college football game.
Colorado's ongoing struggles against conference rivals persisted in their recent outings, with the Buffaloes failing to secure a win in their last seven encounters against Pac-12 opponents. During this stretch, they managed to cover the spread only once. In their previous game against Oregon, they found themselves in a daunting 35-0 deficit by halftime, with quarterback Shedeur Sanders accumulating just 159 passing yards. Another subpar performance from Sanders on Saturday could be detrimental, especially considering USC's offensive prowess, leading the nation with an impressive 55 points per game.
Caleb Williams, the reigning Heisman Trophy winner, has been exceptional, boasting a completion rate of 74.3%, amassing 1,200 yards, 15 touchdowns, and zero interceptions. Williams' ability to protect the ball has been noteworthy, having been intercepted only five times in 500 pass attempts last season. USC has a perfect 16-0 record in all-time meetings against Colorado, and their offensive firepower appears to be too much for the Buffaloes to contend with on Saturday. For further insights on which team to support, check out SportsLine.
You can find the printable Penn State football schedule for 2023 on the official Penn State Athletics website or other reputable sports-related websites. This printable schedule provides you with a convenient way to keep track of all the Penn State Nittany Lions' games for the 2023 season, including dates, opponents, and game times.
The Penn State football TV schedule for 2023 can also be found on various sports networks and broadcasting websites. It outlines the television channels and networks that will broadcast each game, allowing you to plan your viewing schedule and catch all the exciting Penn State football action throughout the season. Be sure to check the official Penn State Athletics website and popular sports news outlets for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding the team's schedule and TV broadcasts.
Q: Which team has secured more victories, USC or UCLA?
Ans: USC has claimed outright victories in 17 championships, shared the title in eight instances, and has made appearances in the Rose Bowl or BCS bowl games 21 times. In contrast, UCLA has won six championships outright, shared the title five times, and has participated in the Rose Bowl on eight occasions. It's worth noting that these schools have also shared the championship three times in their history
Q: Is USC game on Hulu live?
Ans: How to watch the USC Trojans on Hulu + Live TV. For those who love the hit originals from Hulu, a Hulu + Live TV subscription is a great way to stream live USC Trojans football games.
Q: Are USC football games free?
Ans: If you're a USC student, you can enjoy complimentary access to most regular-season home games for Trojan athletics, except for football. Your USCard acts as your entry pass for all these sporting events. Here's a guide to help you enthusiastically support the Trojans
Q: Who wins USC or Stanford?
Ans: In a matchup marking the possible end of a decades-old rivalry, No. 6 USC Football dominated Stanford on Saturday night. Caleb Williams led the charge with 281 passing yards and three touchdowns, adding another score with his running game in just the first half. Adding to the triumph, Zachariah Branch returned a punt for a 75-yard touchdown. The final score stood at 56-10 in favor of USC.
Q: Is Stanford better than USC?
Ans: In the 2019 World Reputation Rankings, Stanford University secured the 3rd position, while the University of Southern California (USC) was ranked within the range of 61 to 70. Stanford University received higher scores than USC in all key factors, including teaching quality, research contributions, industry impact, international engagement, academic reputation, and more, as assessed by both THE and QS News.