This is the absolute best chicken burrito recipe ever. First of all, it’s tasty. I mean SUPER tasty. I’m talking authentic Mexican restaurant tasty. And it’s easy to make (you gotta love that!). And since it only needs 5 ingredients plus oil and spices, it’s economical. Winner, winner, chicken burrito dinner! Chipotle Chicken Burritos
Burrito is a super-filling snack stuffed with various veg and non-veg options along with plenty of cheese and sour cream.Chicken Burrito is made with an amazing combination of salsa, some taco seasoning and shredded chicken. The burrito can be wrapped up with lot of salads to go along. Usually the burrito is wrapped by using tortilla but you can also make whole wheat tortillas at home for a much healthier option.
1. To begin making the Chicken Burrito Recipe, we will first pressure cook the rajma beans in a pressure cooker in about 2 cups of water and salt for at least 30 minutes.
2. Once done, allow the pressure to release naturally and keep it aside. Heat a skillet with oil, add garlic and saute till it softens.
3. Add in onions and saute till they turn translucent and crispy, add in cooked rajma beans and tomatoes together so that the tomatoes remain fresh and juicy as it gets blended with the rajma.
4. Sprinkle salt to taste and spice powders like cumin powder, red chilli powder and pepper powder and give it a mix. Check for seasoning, if required, dd some more and keep sautéing until the mixture comes together. Once done, allow it to cool for some time.
I love the versatility of the chicken burrito recipe. All the ingredients are self-contained and portable. It’s great on-the-go, packed as a lunch, or. And when it comes to family dinners, you can build your meal around this entrée. Extra rice, beans, barbecued corn, or even a small green salad with cotija cheese and salsa ranch dressing. Just a few extra touches, and you can easily take your chicken burrito to the next level.
Heat a sautéing pan with oil, add rice and sprinkle with thyme, paprika powder and salt and give it a toss.
1. Heat a grill pan with oil, add onions, bell peppers allow it to cook for few minutes.
2. Sprinkle with spice powders like cumin powder, paprika powder and salt. Toss it well and cook till the bell peppers are soft and crunchy. Once done set aside.
3. To make the Mexican salsa and sour cream, click on the link below and follow the steps: