Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI) is a private for-profit system of technical colleges throughout the United States. The school offers specialized technical education programs under the banner of several brands, including Universal Technical Institute (UTI), Motorcycle Mechanics Institute and Marine Mechanics Institute (MMI), MIAT College of Technology (MIAT), and NASCAR Technical Institute (NTI).
Universal Technical Institute was founded in 1965. UTI expanded its programs with additional curricula and opened new campuses, growing internally and through acquisitions. To address the needs of industry and corporate clients, UTI started providing continuing education and training for technicians in 1980. In 1983, UTI opened a campus in Houston, Texas. In 1988 UTI opened their Lisle, Illinois, campus. In 1998, it opened a campus in Rancho Cucamonga, California.
In January 1998, UTI acquired Clinton Harley Corporation and Clinton Education Group, Inc. for $26.3 million. Motorcycle Mechanics Institute and Marine Mechanics Institute (MMI) were operating divisions of Clinton Harley Corporation.
In June 1998, UTI acquired National Technology Transfer, Inc. (NTT) and Performance Training Associates (PTA). NTT provided intensive training seminars to technicians in sectors similar to the sectors that they served. PTA organized lecture training seminars in markets similar to NTT. The acquisition of NTT and PTA was completed for approximately $50.2 million. The NTT business was discontinued at a loss of $42.9 million. At the time of its initial public offering, UTI carried a debt load of $57.3 million.
Since December 2020, Universal Technical Institute has seen a significant drop in the number of students enrolled. In Spring of 2022, UTI opened the Austin, Texas campus. A planned Miramar, Florida campus opened in Summer of 2022.
All individuals applying to UTI must hold either a high school diploma or GED, and are requested to complete a FAFSA as early as possible during the application process. Determination of financial aid awards is based largely on FAFSA data. Students at Universal Technical Institute are eligible to apply for all federal loans, grants and scholarships, including Pell Grants. There is information on additional tuition reduction and government and agency funding programs available online.
UTI offers all graduates assistance in obtaining entry-level positions. Job fairs and employment interviews are conducted at each campus. UTI maintains working relationships with manufacturers, aftermarket employers, national retailers and motor freight transport companies in order to help graduates make initial contacts in the industry. Graduates receive a job hunting guide, job lists and guidance in resume preparation. Employment assistance from National Technical Institute is available throughout a graduate's entire career.Read More:
The Newrez workplace is energetic, fun and second to none. There's no doubt that you'll work hard - and that the hard work will be rewarding. – We are a company that believes in growing not only professional, but personally as well to achieve rewarding goals. We put our beliefs into action in a stimulating work environment.
1. An exceptional group of engaged managers who are readily available to provide guidance (and if you have the talent, there's no reason why you couldn't become one of them)
2. Training and development opportunities to increase your professional skills
3. Acknowledgement and recognition of your achievements
4. A flexible work schedule (because we know you have a life outside the office)
5. Regular events, from bowling nights to community service events, that enable you and your colleagues to have fun and also to give back to the community
We're quickly becoming one of America's leading lenders
We offer numerous training programs as well as ongoing mentoring throughout the company
We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and outstanding perks, and our sales associates can shoot for the sky aided by our generous
The mortgage industry will always be a vital part of our country's economy
Competitive mortgage rates plus a diverse and growing portfolio of mortgage products that have not been available to home buyers for several years means strong
We are only as strong as the people we employ, so we believe in rewarding them. As a Newrez employee, you enjoy competitive benefits and outstanding perks.
1. Dental coverage from Met Life with a PPO plan
2. Short- and long-term disability insurance from Lincoln Financial Group
3. Health insurance from Independence Administrators with prescription drug coverage by Express Scripts 4. 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching contribution
5. Voluntary life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance from Lincoln Financial 6. Pet insurance from Nationwide
7. Vision Buy Up plan from Eye Med network of physicians
8. Flexible Spending Accounts offered for Dependent Care and Transit